You will be surprised to know that nearly one per cent of the total world population stutters. Stuttering is a condition for which there is no medical cure and more men than women tend to get affected with this. There are various methods that can be learnt, that will help you get rid of it and allow you to speak fluently.
The condition normally starts from childhood and as one progresses into addiction, it disappears. But if you are not among the fortunes where the stuttering disappears on its own there, are techniques that will teach you to overcome this problem.
Let us look at some simple and interesting tips on how to stop stuttering
- Did you know that singing the words, rather than trying to speak, helps stop stuttering. You might think of it as a weird idea but when you practice it, you will be surprised at the effectiveness.
- You can get a book and try reading from it, to your family and friends. It will help boast your confidence levels and with practice your stammering will stop.
- Before you actually start speaking, visualize the words that you want to use.
- Talk slowly and clearly. Do not rush into the exercise, which will only add to the pressure.
- If you are about to speak a big and difficult word, take a deep breath before you start. If possible try breaking the word into smaller pieces, so that you do not get stuck with one word.
- If you think chewing on something when you speak, helps control stuttering, try it.
- Try speaking either very loudly or in whispers. Both these methods will help eliminate stuttering.
- Holding your breath while speaking is a big mistake; this will only make the condition worse. Try speaking when you exhale.
- Stuttering gets worse when you are tense. Calm your nerves before you start speaking. You can also try meditation for this purpose.
- Pause and collect your thoughts before you speak. This will help you speak in a relaxed manner.
- Do not try speaking a very big sentence at one stretch. Speak one word at a time and slowly complete the sentence.
All these wonderful tips will help you get rid of stuttering. It will be difficult practicing these tips initially but with practice, you will be able to overcome you fear and speak fluently. All you need is patience and will to overcome this condition.